Monday, May 20, 2019

10% Good Enough





There is certainly nothing glaringly bad about 10% Happier by Dan Harris. Harris in entitled to his own journey, and his own solutions.  This book is an excellent introduction to meditation stripped of all its adornments.  Harris takes it simple and slow. For me, a long term mediator, his insights helped me re-discover some of the reasons I meditate in the first place.

Harris’ tone is annoying.   This is more on me than him; I could have stopped reading!  I found his tone too cute; his humor too pat.  He wants balance, but he is a TV anchorperson and journalist!  Is there a worse profession to find balance?  Maybe or maybe not, but his craft is near the pole position. He could have spared himself a great deal of grief by finding a new trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment