Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Not For Me, Maybe For You

 


What Would You Do If You Weren't Afraid?: Discover a Life Filled with Purpose and Joy Through the Secrets of Jewish Wisdom by Michal Oshman is a fine book, and if you don’t have a wide Jewish background, this book is a great start.  

I have two issues that are a problem for me, but probably not others.  I don’t believe that we have something like a stable, unchanging soul.  The author does and it is key to her thesis.  I also do not believe that we have a singular destiny.  Maybe we have more than one?

I also have a prejudicial attitude about people who coach executives and work on corporate culture.  But that is my problem.  Additionally, I am not sure how "secret" this Jewish wisdom actually is...


No comments:

Post a Comment